Have you ever heard of derma-planing? It is one of the latest skincare trends, and even though it might sound scary at first, it is highly beneficial! You can easily perform derma-planing at home with our Take it off starter kit, so let us tell you why you should give it a go!
What is derma-planing?
Derma-planing is an act of gently ‘shaving’ your face with a single bladed razor to remove the peach fuzz and dead skin cells from the top layer of the skin. It’s not shaving in the traditional sense, it's more like intense exfoliation and gentle hair removal.
Yes, shaving your face might sound quite scary, however let's get one thing straight: You will not grow a beard nor thicker hair after derma-planing! This is one of the most common misconceptions when it comes to derma-planing. However, women’s facial hair is called peach fuzz and it is soft and translucent and there is no way derma-planing will impact the growth or colour of women’s facial hair. You will not change the structure of the hair follicle by derma-planing and realistically, only hormones can affect the growth or thickness of women’s facial hair.
BENEFITS OF DERMAPLANING:
- Safe and gentle exfoliation of dead skin cells and facial hair “peach fuzz”.
- You’ll be left with a clean smooth complexion for seamless makeup application.
- Your skin will appear brighter - as you get rid of a top layer of dead skin you’ll get rid of dull skin and will be left with glowing complexion.
- Your skincare products will penetrate deeper.
By taking off the top layer of dead skin cells and peach fuzz your skin will become silky soft and you’ll have much brighter and smoother complexion. Your makeup will apply like a dream afterwards- smoothly and seamlessly. Additionally, as dermaplaning is an amazing form of exfoliation, it’ll help your skincare products penetrate deeper into your skin.
The process is painless and the results are so worth it! You’ll be shocked by how much dirt, hair and dead skin cells will come off your face.
What do you need for derma-planing at home:
If you decide to do this game changing skin treatment at home, you’ll need a cleanser, our derma-planing tools, and a hydrating serum or oil to apply afterwards. (All come together in our Take it off starter kit)
Step by step of at-home Derma-planing:
- Firstly, deep cleanse your skin and pat it dry. Your skin needs to be completely dry for the best results.
- Place the razor at 45 degree angle; use the small blade for your brows and upper lip and the bigger razor for the rest of your face.
- Hold the skin taut and use gentle small strokes to take off all the nasties in the downwards direction of your face.
- Repeat across your whole face, brows and upper lips.
- Once you are finished, clean your face gently with a dry towel/face cloth.
- Apply a hydrating serum, or hydrating face oil (we highly recommend our Squalane oil ).